Marsden State High School prepares our students for the future by giving them the opportunity to explore and experience their passion. Through identifying their character strengths, acquiring foundational and technical skills and developing an entrepreneurial mindset and appetite for ongoing learning on a weekly basis. Our students are passionate about their learning and take pride in the high academic results that they achieve.
Superior Opportunities in Football
- FFA Qualified Coaches.
- Curriculum based timetable, football subject from Years 7-12 (3 x sessions min a week of Football Excellence).
- Strength & Conditioning sessions.
- Sports Psychology sessions.
- Football Wellbeing Mentor Program (each Monday morning).
- Direct links and communication with Football Queensland and Brisbane Roar FC Men's & Women's.
- World class facilities.
- Home of the Brisbane Roar High Performance School.
- Makos compete in the highest football competition in SEQ, Queensland Schools Premier League (SPL).
Superior Opportunities in Academics
- AVID Program | Advancement Via Individual Determination strategies that develops students’ skills in writing, inquiry, collaboration, organisation and reading.
- Rigorous curriculum that extends and challenges to deepen understanding and improve key cognitive skills.
- Various tertiary partnerships such as University of QLD, QLD University of Technology, Griffith University, The University of Melbourne and Harvard all offer support to our students.
- One of the largest QLD Schools to offer an extended range of Senior Subjects - General, Applied and Short Courses. Students are supported for various pathways beyond year 12.
- Each of our subjects are matched with 21st Century Skills and Job Clusters that you choose to guide you into selecting your dream career and your future world of work.