Link and Launch is here to help you now that you have finished Year 12. If you are not sure what your next step is or you are unsure how to pursue your goals, Link and Launch is for you!
- Just want a job and not sure where to start?
- Interested in Traineeships and Apprenticeships?
- Are you at Uni and need help finding part time work?
- Is navigating Centrelink getting hard?
- Do you feel you would like to get some further training to get a job that you really want?
- Didn't get a place at university and want to explore other pathways?
- Do you have a disability and really want to get some work?
- Found a job you really want to apply for but need some help with your resume and cover letter?
- Struggling to get your drivers licence?
Contact Sharlene Cooper on 0448 330 720. Send me an SMS and I will get back to you. Let's get you started!
How does the program work?
Link & Launch officers connect with young people who have completed Year 12 but not yet transitioned to further study, training or work. These officers can assist young people to navigate a range of post-school study, training and work options in line with their individual goals, aspirations, skills and strengths and support them to make independent choices that will equip them to make a successful transition. Some of the options students may consider through the program include:
- Skilling Queenslanders for Work training or subsidies
- Disability Employment Services
- Alternative entry to university
- Alternative entry to TAFE
- Transition to Work, Workforce Australia and other federal workforce participation programs
- Employment including Traineeships and Apprenticeships
Who can join the program?
Young people who are not in education, employment or training and who completed Year 12 in the previous two years are eligible to join the program. Older Year 12 graduates who may benefit from the program are also welcome to join. All eligible young people who have completed their senior studies can join the program irrespective of where they went to school. Students currently enrolled at our school can visit the Careers Team in B Block for any assistance.