We are excited to offer your child the opportunity to be involved in the Marsden SHS Learner Driver program. Through this program, your child will be supervised in the school car to log hours towards their provisional licence.
Details of the program:
Students will be able to use the school ARTIE car to log hours for their provisional licence while being supervised by a member of MSHS staff who hold an open licence and have extensive driving experience. Please note that staff are not accredited driving trainers therefore can not offer the additional hours your child would receive through a driving school, each hour with our staff is equal to one hour in their logbook. There is no cost to this program and the vehicle is fully insured.
Students must register their interest with Jacqui Jelly (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Deadly Unit or via the QR code. Students are responsible for logging their hours through the RACQ app or logbook and must provide their learner driver permit for school records. Students must also have both their learner driver permit and logbook on them in order to drive the car. Due to the availability of the car and driving mentors, bookings fill up fast so we encourage your student to return their permission form and register their interest in a timely manner.
- Students MUST have a minimum of 10 driving hours prior to using the school car (please note this is 10 physical driving hours NOT 10 logbook hours)
- Students MUST have had at least 2 lessons with an accredited driving instructor
- Student sessions will go for 1 hour and will take place in local streets in good weather only. If a session is cancelled due to poor weather it will be re-booked as soon as possible
- Students who do not attend a lesson which has been booked or who do not come with the required logbook and learners permit will be put back to the bottom of the priority list
- Students are encouraged to carry their learners permit and logbook with them regularly and check their emails daily in case of any last-minute cancellations were a session becomes available.
Register your interest with Jacqui via QR Code: